You are invited to enter Sacred Imagination, here…
Begin by chanting, opening your heart to enter the Sacred Story:
Chant by Darlene Franz
Following are wonderings, scripture texts, an image or two, and questions for reflection. In all these allow yourself to enter the story with and through Mary Magdalene, or others, as you are led. You may want to journal, draw or share your experience with another.
- What if the “Servant Songs” of Isaiah are sung to Mary Magdalene and Jesus together?
- What if Mary Magdalene, who may have procured the room and prepared the Passover meal, was also seated next to Jesus as the Beloved Disciple?
Isaiah 50:5 (4-9a)
YHWH has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I did not turn backward.
John 13:21-26 (27-32)
…Jesus was troubled in spirit, and declared, “Very truly, I tell you, one of you will betray me.”
The disciples looked at one another, uncertain of whom he was speaking.
One of his disciples–the one whom Jesus loved—MARY MAGDALENE — was reclining next to him;
Simon Peter therefore motioned to THEM to ask Jesus of whom he was speaking.
So while reclining next to Jesus, SHE asked him, “Lord, who is it?”
Jesus answered, “It is the one to whom I give this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish.”
So when he had dipped the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas son of Simon Iscariot.
ENTERING THE SCENE
- ENTER THIS SCENE AS MARY MAGDALENE.
- WHAT DO YOU NOTICE?
- HOW DO YOU FEEL? WHAT SENSES ARE ACTIVATED?
- WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? PRAYING? HOPING? FEARING?
- WHERE DO YOU NOTICE LOVE?